"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Friday, September 21, 2012

Pottery Barn Fall Inspiration

Fall is my favorite season.  I love when the leaves turn beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow and the air is crisp and no longer hot and humid.  I love to light a fall scented candle in the evening.  The scents of vanilla, pumpkin, apple and cinnamon are all comforting to me.  This Saturday, September 22 is the first official day of Autumn even though it may still feel like summer in your neck of the woods.  I recently attended a Pottery Barn class on Fall and Halloween decorating and entertaining.  Some of you may not know this, but every so often Pottery Barn offers free decorating demonstrations from 10 to 11 a.m. at their stores.  They also give you a 10% off coupon to use that day.  I usually come away with a few new ideas and new items to add to my collection of home decor.  I love 99% of everything in their catalog.  I would have loved to buy every single piece in their new collection, but I narrowed it down to items I could use most of the season.  Thankfully I had my friend Christine along to help keep me focused.  I purchased the owl martini shaker, owl platter and a green glass vase.  I already own an abundance of Halloween decorations so I was trying to focus on more of the Fall theme, and I love owls so I display them year round.  The following are a few photos of Pottery Barn's displays for inspiration.  Next week I'll share with you my Fall decor and where I put my items.

Buffet set up- stack things at different levels for more interest.  

 I had to have the big owl platter.  There are also small plates to match.

Hang things from an old ladder or broom.


Metal mice you can haphazardly place on a table.
The mercury glass pumpkins are beautiful.  

Owl Heaven

Love these little mice cheese board utensils!

Love the Dracula cape on the wine bottle and the mustache stirrers.

Love the idea of framing a sketch of a pumpkin.


Pottery Barn also gives lots of ideas for theme, everyday and holiday entertaining on their website www.potterybarn.com.  It's worth checking out.  It would cost a fortune to use all of their items, but it gives some set up ideas and recipes as well.  It's a great source of inspiration.  Happy entertaining this Fall!  



No comments:

Post a Comment