"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Create

In a Bible study I attend our leader made the comment people create because we were were made to create.  That sentence really struck a cord with me.  I enjoy creative pursuits such as crafting, writing, decorating, scrapbooking and photography.  However, when it comes to cooking and creating meals every week, not so much.  Sometimes I struggle with the idea that some might consider these hobbies for the lack of a better word fluff.  When people ask me what my blog is about it's basically fluff with an occasional deep insight.  It's my lifestyle and what I love.  It's a way to share with others, improve my writing and hopefully inspire others to create and pursue their passions.  I'm getting better at carving out time to work on my blog and putting chores aside temporarily.  For a long time I have fought against the urge to sit down and create.  Instead I would tell myself other things are more important.  The fact is creating is more important.  It feeds my soul and brings me joy.  Does the world need another blog about fluff?  Probably not, but it's what my heart is telling me to do.  What is your heart asking you to create?

No comments:

Post a Comment