"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lists

salted caramel cupcake

I enjoy the art of making lists.  I may be a little odd, but I find the practice of making lists cathartic.  It gets thoughts out of my head and onto paper.  Lists are particularly helpful to me when I'm working on a project or planning a party.  There are a lot of people who don't share my passion for lists.  My husband is one of those people.  I found this out early on in our marriage when I would make him a honey do list.  He claims he doesn't needed to be reminded on paper what he needs to get done.  I also have a friend who never makes a grocery list.  I can't fathom grocery shopping without a list.  I get side tracked as it is with all of the new items on the end caps.  There are always several things that weren't on my list  that find their way into my grocery cart.  I also love to reminisce and read lists my children made in elementary school.  Teachers often have a list of questions on the first day of school for their students.  The list includes things like what is your favorite color, food, television show, etc.

I'm going to share a few lists every so often that will give you a little more insight into who I am.  I  found a few of these fun to do and thought you might want to make your own list.  That is if you are a list maker like me.  I've been a little ravenous lately so I'll start with a list I found in O magazine.

My Idea of a Delicious
  • Dessert- anything with caramel and chocolate or chocolate and peanut butter
  • Comfort Food- macaroni and cheese
  • Place- Italy
  • Sandwich- roast beef and cheddar on a baguette with mango chutney
  • Dinner Date- Bravo or Bonefish Grill
  • Book- Nordstrom's cookbooks
  • Movie- Chocolat  ( I added this one)
There are several answers I could give for these categories, but these are the first ones that popped into my head.  It's best to go with your first thought otherwise you could make yourself crazy.  What is your idea of delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment