"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, September 10, 2012

Hall & Oates



Gotta love the price!  It made me smile as well. 

My gratitude Monday posts have sort of evolved into things that make me smile.  In a way they go hand in hand.  Something that makes me smile is listening to old songs on the radio that remind me of my youth.  I'm a big fan of XM radios 70's and 80's stations.  Do you ever have flashbacks of where you were when a particular song comes on the radio?  For example, "Don't Bring Me Down" by ELO and "YMCA" by the Village People bring me back to the days of the roller skating rink.  I can still picture myself going around in circles in my white skates with orange pom poms and enviously watching others skate backwards with ease around the corners.   I was an okay skater, but not someone who skated with reckless abandon.  My friend Anne remembers skating to "Private Eyes" by Hall & Oates.  I'm a few years older so by that time I'd given up skating and was watching MTV instead.  "Maneater" was one of my favorite MTV videos.  This weekend my husband and I had the privilege of seeing Hall & Oates in concert with Anne and her husband. It was a beautiful evening for an outdoor concert filled with great songs and good memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment