"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Friday, September 14, 2012

Laundry Room Organization



Laundry Room Before




Laundry Room After


Jar for spare change

Bins for Delicates and Repairs
This week's organization project is my laundry room.  It's my least favorite space in the house with the garage running a close second place.  The fact that I hate doing laundry probably has something to do with it.  I wanted to share my before and after photos not because I think this is now an awesome space, but it does bring a smile to my face compared to what it looked like before.  I honestly think it has something to do with having matching containers.  I would like to add a little bit of color to all of the beige, but I'm not quite sure where yet.

The containers are all from my favorite store Target.  I have beach towels which are now out of season stored in the two large fabric containers on the top shelf.  Extra light bulbs are stored in the wicker basket beside them.  God forbid we'd have to walk downstairs to get a light bulb.  I made a little tip jar out of an old Starbucks frappuccino bottle and some chalkboard sticker sheets. This is for all the change that comes out of my husband's pockets.  The wicker basket next to my delicate and repair bins has sewing supplies in it. Having the right containers seems to be the answer for most of my organizing dilemmas and an excuse to use wicker baskets.  I have a thing for wicker.  Have a great weekend and happy organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment