"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Costco Finds

Pizzelles
Le Delice de Bourgogne Triple Creme
Sea Salt and Black Sesame Wildrice Crisps

It's amazing what you can discover at Costco.  I hadn't ventured into Costco for at least a month.  I have a membership to both Sam's Club and Costco through my husbands work.  I like Costco's food items a lot better, but Sams is more convenient.  I was thrilled to find Costco carried pizzelles.  My mother makes pizzelles every Christmas.  They are a thin Italian cookie that's made with an iron similar to a waffle iron.  My mother makes them with anisette which has a black licorice taste to it.  I'm not positive, but I think that's how they are traditionally made.  I have a pizzelle iron, but it only makes two cookies at a time.  It's a bit labor and time intensive so I was happy to find Costco sells a huge container of  vanilla pizzelles for $5.99.  They aren't quite as good as my mothers, but they are good enough.  

My second find was triple creme cheese.  A friend of mine told me about this rich, soft and creamy cheese. It's delicious spread on a slice of crusty french bread.  I think it's similar to a brie cheese.  It can be difficult to find because it sells out quickly.  It's also a bargain at $10.99 a pound.  

The third item is sea salt and black sesame wildrice crisps.  I bought these when a friend was visiting who is allergic to gluten.  There are a lot of gluten free items out there which aren't very tasty, but these are delicious.  I now buy them for myself.  Feel free to leave a comment on any Costco items that are your favorites.  

No comments:

Post a Comment