"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, August 27, 2012

Dashboard Jesus

dashboard Jesus


A good friend of mine is going through a divorce and has two teenagers at home.   She has a plastic statue of Jesus suctioned to the dashboard of her van.  I don't think I've ever come across a dashboard Jesus before.  I've seen hawaiian girls in grass skirts and maybe even a statue of the Blessed Mother Mary, but not Jesus.  It could be I've led a sheltered life.  I love how his hands are raised in the air as if to say heaven help us.  Even though I gave her a hard time about her dashboard Jesus, I think it is a great reminder to have faith and go where the peace is.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment