"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Ocean


I loved the name of this boat since I'm a day dreamer as well. 



On the beach overlooking the ocean is one of my favorite places to be.  I had the opportunity to visit Turks and Caicos a few years ago and the beach and ocean there is stunning.  My pictures really don't do it justice.  It reminds me of the old bain de soleil suntan lotion commercial.  If you are wanting to relax and enjoy aqua blue crystal clear water and white sandy beaches then Turks and Caicos is your place.  The day dreamer in me wishes I had the superpower to transport myself anywhere within minutes. I would be at the beach baking instead of in the 90 degree Kansas heat.  For now,  I'll put on my ocean sounds CD and a little bain de soleil and imagine I'm there.   


It is an interesting biological fact that all of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea---whether it is to sail or to watch it---we are going back from whence we came. - John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment