"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, August 13, 2012

Gratitude Monday

Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art



Due to a week of traveling, it has been awhile since I've posted anything on my blog.  I'm grateful that my family and I returned home safely from our travels.  I love to travel, but the means of getting from point A to point B can make me a little anxious:  missing a connecting flight in Atlanta and having to wait 7 hours for the next flight, riding in taxi cabs in New York City, bicycling in the busy streets of New York City to get to Central Park, and public transportation in general.  These are all things that happened on my travels this past week, but the positive side is I enjoyed them and it's good for me to get out of my comfort zone every so often. Actually, I enjoyed all of the them with the exception of the 7 hour wait in Atlanta's airport.  A life worth living comes with some risk.  I am grateful my friend understands how New York's subway system works which helped reduce my risk factor.

I'm grateful for the Fall like weather we are having today even if it is just a tease.  Fall is around the corner and it is my favorite time of year.  We also had some Fall weather this past weekend while visiting family in Arkansas.  I'm grateful I had the opportunity to visit the new Crystal Bridges Art Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas.  The architecture and the grounds are beautiful.  I'm thankful there are people who are much more talented at drawing and sculpting than I am and who have the vision to create beautiful works of art.

Last but not least, I'm grateful my computer automatically saved this post because I accidentally hit the delete button and my writing temporarily disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment