"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rob Lowe




Stories I Only Tell My Friends: An Autobiography



I recently finished reading actor Rob Lowe's autobiography Stories I Only Tell My Friends.  I had been wanting to read it ever since I saw his interview with Oprah.  Call me crazy, but I personally enjoyed it more than Fifty Shades of Grey which the whole world has either read or seems to be currently reading.  Lowe doesn't go into graphic details about his past wild ways, but provides just enough information to give you a clear picture.  His many past romances include Melissa Gilbert and Princess Stephanie, who I didn't remember hearing about in the tabloids.  It was interesting to learn about his experiences on movies sets such as The Outsiders and St Elmo's Fire.  They were two of my favorite films and popular movies of the 80's generation.  He also talks about his friendships with other actors and how the brat pack got their name.  For someone with his striking good looks it was shocking to learn that he felt like an outcast for much of his youth.  Lowe is a good story teller and gives a thorough picture of his life from a young boy to manhood.  It is the story of a boy achieving his dreams and getting more in life than  he ever imagined through the love of his wife and sons.  He gives the reader an insiders view of not just Rob Lowe the celebrity, but Rob Lowe the man.  

No comments:

Post a Comment