"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

La Bodega

tapas bar












fig and goat cheese empanada
I'm one of those ladies who likes to lunch.  I recently met a friend at a Spanish tapas restaurant called La Bodega.  I had been there before for dinner, but I didn't realize they offered a lunch buffet for $12.  The tapas buffet had a huge antipasto platter, some dips and spreads, and 2 or 3 hot items.  The day I was there they were offering meatballs in a garlic cream sauce, mini sliders, and a potato dish.  Everything was delicious and even though I'm sure I consumed a lot of calories there is an illusion when eating tapas that I'm not.  The only thing it was missing was a little something sweet.  My friend and I decided to split the fig and goat cheese empanada.  It was a great way to end our meal and I wound up feeling a little too satisfied.  La Bodega is located at One Nineteen/Crossroads (913) 428-8272.

No comments:

Post a Comment