"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Missouri State Fair


 


 




Who Knew?


Everyone needs to experience a State Fair at least once in their lifetime.   I remember going to the State Fair in Pennsylvania when I was a kid.  I loved riding all of the carnival rides, looking at all of the animals, and eating funnel cakes.  At that time they didn't have the plethora of fried foods they do now. If you fry it, they will come.  Who knew you could fry kool-aid?  It never ceases to amaze me what people will deep fry.  I used to love funnel cakes, but as I've gotten older I've tried to eat less fried foods and so my stomach can't quite handle all the grease.   This was my children's first visit to a state fair.   Memories of being at the fair in the heat and humidity with all of the animal smells has kept me away for a few years.  My son and I walked through the swine building and those memories came wafting back to me.  Being a city girl I forgot pigs that big existed.  It was the last day of the fair and they were auctioning some of them which made me think of Wilbur from my favorite childhood story Charlotte's Web.  It was a beautiful day weather wise and a great way to spend a few hours together as a family.   Next on our list is the Texas State Fair.  How about you?   

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment