"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Friday, June 1, 2012

Succulents








I don't really have much to say about succulent plants other than the fact they are easy to maintain and I like them.  I like the fact you don't have to water them much and they look really nice grouped together.  Once the mid summer months hit in Kansas the idea of watering flowers becomes a chore I no longer enjoy.  I also like the fact that not many people I know plant them in containers so they are something different than the usual begonias and geraniums that many people plant.

 I love the quote "bloom where you're planted" which is actually derived from the Bible.  We sometimes don't have a choice as to where we live or call home.  When I start bemoaning the fact I don't live close to an ocean this summer,  I'll think of the succulent plant and how it can thrive even in the desert.  

No comments:

Post a Comment