My husband and I had the best time in New Orleans. It was our first time in the city and I had heard mixed reviews from people. We stayed close to the French Quarter off of Canal St so everything was within walking distance. We hit the usual tourist spots:
- Pat O'Briens for a hurricane (they are good, but can be dangerous)
- Central Grocery for a muffuletta (delicious)
- Cafe Du Monde for beignets and coffee (beignets taste like a funnel cake to me)
- Acme Oyster House for char broiled oysters (I was pleasantly surprised that I liked them)
- Mr. B's Bistro where we had our favorite meal, shrimp and grits. If you ever go to New Orleans you have to order it. My husband and I both concurred it was one of our top favorite meals of all time. I don't even really like grits, but these aren't the grits I remember.