"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trader Joe's



I love to share what I call good things (I borrowed the term from Martha).  It could be a website, recipe, home decor item, book, etc.  That is one of my intentions for this blog, but I haven't been too consistent lately about posting them.  Trader Joe's is a grocery store chain which opened about a year ago where I live.  The West Coast has been enjoying their delightful food items for quite awhile now, but it is still somewhat of a novelty here in the Midwest. If you like lemon you will love these two items.  The Meyer Lemon Cookie Thins are crisp, light and melt in your mouth.  The lemon curd can be spread on toast or cake.  There are multiple uses for it.  I mixed it with some cool whip and served it with angel food cake and berries.  A friend of mine gave me the idea and it was a hit.  I like desserts that are simple.  Both the cookies and lemon curd make a nice light summer dessert.  Do you have any good things you recommend from Trader Joe's?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment