"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, June 4, 2012

Gratitude Monday

I'm grateful for the lazy days of summer.  Today was the first day where I felt like I could relax, do a little reading, and take a 10 min. nap.  Sometimes it's hard for me to transition from running around all day and having company to just relaxing.  I'm also grateful for the fact that I can enjoy the summer months and don't have to report to an office.

 I'm grateful for the opportunity to travel to New Orleans in a few days.  I haven't been there before, and I'm excited to experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the city.   I also welcome the opportunity to just sit by a roof top pool for a few hours with a mojito and a good book.

There is so much to be grateful for in life.  Some days it's easier to list things than others, especially when things are going well.  Even if life may not be presently ideal for you there is usually someone you can think of who is in worse circumstances.  Whenever my mind starts to focus on the negative, I try to switch it to something positive.  Taking the time to be grateful and thinking about the good in my life has been a great way to start the week.  I may not always make it through the whole week, but Monday always comes around again for me to start over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment