"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Gratitude Monday



I'm not a very consistent person and I've had a hard time getting into a routine with my blog.  The one thing I've tried to be consistent about is blogging things I'm grateful for on Mondays.  I actually wrote this post yesterday, but the day got away from me and I forgot to post it.  So here it goes gratitude Monday posted on Tuesday.

I love a fresh pedicure.  My feet are the neutral ones and my friend has the bling sandals with the bright polish.  I prefer reds or neutral colors.  In the Fall I step out of my box a little with a black or brownish polish.  I think the yellow, blues and greens are fun, but they just aren't me.  I'm grateful to have the opportunity to get an occasional spa pedicure.  It's one of those little treats in life I immensely enjoy.  The first time I had one I was in my early 20's.  It was a gift from my husband.  I thought it would be weird to have someone work on my feet, but I quickly got over the awkwardness.

I'm grateful for time spent with friends.  We had a lot of friend time this past weekend at a Royals baseball game, dinner and cocktails and shopping.  Paul Rudd, Eric Stonestreet and several other celebrities were in town for a charity event.  They came out on the Royals baseball field during the 7th inning stretch to sing "Take Me Out To the Ballgame." I didn't realize Jon Hamm was part of the crew so that was a pleasant surprise (even thought it was short lived).   What is it about getting the glimpse of a celebrity that can make a heart sing?

I'm also grateful for all of the ripe, juicy peaches I've been getting off my peach tree.  Happy summer!  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment