"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sur La Table

I just love their shopping bag!



Sur La Table is a store full of all sorts of culinary gadgets you never knew you needed.  They have the usual table linens, cookware, bake ware, etc. but all sorts of other fun things to have on hand for entertaining.  I found a few new treasures on a recent shopping trip with some friends.  It was my first visit to the Kansas City store, but I have been to one in another city.  You can also order items by catalog or on line.

I am a sucker for kitchen gadgets.  Two that I was unable to pass up are the candle carver and rattan pedestal.  The candle carver says it easily carves a hole for a tea light candle in seconds.  You can use it to carve holes in pumpkins, apples, squash, etc.  I have seen pictures in magazines where people have done this, but never really thought about what they used to carve the hole.  Mostly likely they simply used a kitchen knife, but if this makes the carving easier I'm all for it.  I just need to remember to use it instead of it simply taking up valuable space in my drawers.

The rattan pedestal is simply a pedestal to set things on top of for height.  You can never have too many things to help you create height especially if you are setting up a buffet table.  It is nice to have things set out at varying heights.  I bought it to set my glass drink dispenser on.  It will be easier for people to fill their drinks that way instead of placing it at the end of a counter.

I'll post pictures in the future of me actually using these items until then have fun exploring Sur La Table.   www.surlatable.com

No comments:

Post a Comment