"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, May 7, 2012

Gratitude Monday

I'm grateful for a clean house, a good nights sleep without having to get up and go to the bathroom, friends who I can discuss my anxieties with and help put me at ease by looking at things from a different perspective and friends who share their talents with me.

I'm also extremely grateful we didn't have a tornado touch down in our town last night.  The tornado sirens went off and there were some funnel clouds, but they never touched land.  It's that time of year in Kansas when the weather can be very unpredictable.  I'm thankful for the technology meteorologists have access to that can help them predict storms approaching.  Unfortunately, I don't always react to the warnings as urgently as I should.  Some people in my town like to look outside the window or stand on their front porch and take pictures.  I wish I had one to share with you, but I'm not one of those people.

 "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." - Marcel Proust

No comments:

Post a Comment