"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Friday, May 18, 2012

Commencement

It's that time of year when commencement activities are underway.  Students are graduating from high school and college and starting a new chapter in their lives.  Thankfully I've already done both, but I still feel as if I'm a student.  I still have a lot of life skills to learn.  I'm always reading some type of self help book or article in a magazine. Lately I've been needing to learn how to live with allergies and temporary setbacks.  My allergies have run the course from stuffy nose and sore throat to currently swollen and itchy eyes.  I get very frustrated with being tired all the time, having a dry mouth from all of the antihistamines, and currently looking like a bee stung my eye lid.

I try to look at most situations as teaching moments.  I've been having a pity party for myself this last month.   It's starting to wear on me so I can only imagine how my friends and family feel.  I've tried to think about people who live with far worse medical or physical conditions, many which aren't temporary.  I've been very blessed health wise, and I need to focus on the positive.   My ailments are temporary and treatable. Even though my eyes might get red and swollen I can still see.  Maybe my lesson in all of this is to be less vain, not to take my health for granted and to be more understanding and a better care giver when my family has health issues.  I'm ready to start a new chapter and put these ailments behind me.  Let the commencement begin!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment