"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Desperate Housewives

The final show of the series Desperate Housewives aired last Sunday.  I have been watching the show since it began in 2004.  There were times I thought about giving it up, but then it just became part of my Sunday night ritual.  The characters on the show had their little quirks and unique personalities and shared a close friendship.  They had their ups and downs and were often quite scandalous. In the end they were there for each other not just as neighbors, but as good friends.   Gabby's selfish ways sometimes helped me to see where I could be acting selfish in my own life.  Perfectionist Bree sometimes brought to light my own need to be perfect at times.  Last night though Lynette really struck a chord with me.  She was the stressed out stay at home Mom who was a former business woman and very ambitious.  She was a good mother, but struggled with her role at times.  She complained a lot and liked to be in control.  I saw a little of myself in Lynette.  She didn't realize how much she missed and relied on her husband Tom until they separated.  They reconciled in the end, but she almost blew it by accepting a job in NY and letting other peoples opinions influence her. Tom felt like she would never be happy just loving him.  She was always looking for the next thing to fill a void in her heart instead of letting him fill it with his love.   I often overlook the fact that what my heart needs it already has. I am loved by God, a kind and loving husband, my children, family and friends.  That is where the real joy lies.  That alone is reason to be joyful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment