"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, May 14, 2012

Gratitude Monday

Since it's the day after Mother's Day I'll start off by saying I'm grateful I'm a mother of two healthy children.  It can be the most stressful role in life. but also the most rewarding.  I brought my daughter into this world 13 years ago today.  She makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs sometimes, but I wouldn't change a thing about her. However, I'd be grateful if she kept her room neater.  I'm just saying! (which is a phrase she likes to use) Truth be told she probably got it from me.

I'm also grateful that my mother and mother-in-law are still living and that we're able to spend time with them at least a few times a year.   My parents are currently in Costa Rica and I'm grateful my Dad sent me an email to say they were doing okay.  It has been quite the adventure for them.  I'm happy he has been able to experience some of the things he wanted to do like zip lining.  I'm also grateful my mother didn't have a heart attack after taking a 2 1/2 mile hike and walking across hanging bridges. That is truly a miracle.

I'm grateful I finally got my flowers planted and my patio cleaned off with my husbands help yesterday.  I'm ready for summer and sipping cocktails on my patio with friends.  I'm grateful for the endless supply of recipes that are on pinterest.  Can you tell I'm just slightly addicted to that website?  

No comments:

Post a Comment