"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, April 9, 2012

Gratitude

There has been a lot written on the positive effects of being grateful.  I have tried keeping a grateful journal on and off over the years after reading about the idea in the book Simple Abundance many years ago.  Oprah has also talked about how being grateful every day has made a huge impact on her life. Oprah has said, "The single greatest thing you can do to change your life today would be to start being grateful for what you have right now. And the more grateful you are, the more you get."  I also think gratitude helps you to live in the present.  Even though your present circumstances may not be your ideal wish, you can always find something to be grateful about.  I've decided to post a few things I'm grateful for on Mondays.  Monday's tend to get a bad rap since they are the start of a new work week for a lot of people.  There have even been song lyrics written about Mondays- rainy days and Mondays always get me down and manic Mondays to name a few. So moving forward I'm creating grateful Mondays where you can comment on what brings you gratitude.  

  •  I'm grateful for a hot cup of coffee in the morning especially when my husband makes it.
  •  I was able to cross off everything on my to do list today.  I hoped to get a few more things done, but I finished the priorities.
  • I was able to finish watching the Ten Commandments this Easter.  That is one long movie, and I haven't seen the whole thing since I was a kid.
  • My daughter didn't fall jumping the hurdles at her track meet today.
What brought you gratitude today?



No comments:

Post a Comment