"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, April 23, 2012

Gratitude Monday

I haven't been very good about writing posts lately.  I'm sort of in an inspiration lull and my parents are visiting right now.  I'm grateful that my parents are still living, and I've had the opportunity to spend time with them.  I've also been busy planning a surprise birthday party for my daughter.  I'm grateful for the book Celebratori by Tori Spelling. The book has some great ideas.  More than anything though it has motivated and inspired me to pay attention to the details.  If you are in need of motivation to jump start your party planning process I highly suggest checking it out.  The allergy season is in full force, and I'm grateful my symptoms have been improving since last week. 

I received some sad news over the weekend.  A friend from high school's 15 year old daughter was killed in a car accident.  She was wearing her seat belt and sober, but the person that hit her was going 80-90 mph in a 30mph zone in the pouring rain.  As a parent of a 16 year old, I worry whenever my son is driving.  It makes you realize how precious life is and things can change in the blink of an eye.  I am grateful for life and every day I get to spend it with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment