"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Friday, March 2, 2012

My Journey

 


I read a blog post awhile back that asked you to list ten things you've learned in the past decade. My immediate reaction was, I have no idea!  It seems like it would be such an easy question, but it's funny how often we don't stop to reflect upon it.  These are a few things I've learned along the way.  I actually went over ten.
  • I've learned that things don't always appear the way they seem .
  • Holding on to grudges only hurts you and not the other person.
  • To have true peace and happiness there is only love.
  • Happiness is a choice.
  • Everyone wants to feel validated.
  • We are responsible for our own life.
  • Don't take anything personally.  It's not about you, it's about them.
  • Everyone has their own journey in life.
  • You lose yourself when you're constantly trying to please others.
  • Think before you speak.  I keep relearning this one.
  • An open heart is much healthier and a better way to live than with a closed one.
  • Anything is possible when you believe it.
  • Trust in God- He is our foundation, creator, rock and where the peace is.
  • Don't be afraid to dream.  Have a vision for your life.
  • Things I worried about 10 years ago don't matter today.
  • You have to work at your relationships.
  • Follow your intuition.  It has all the answers you need.
  • Love yourself, be kind to yourself, believe in yourself!
  • Don't waste time comparing yourself to other people. ( another lesson I need to work at)
What are some of the lessons you've learned over time?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment