"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nefertiti




I love books.  I love their smell and the feel of turning crisp or worn pages.  I think that's why it has been so hard for me to read a book on my Kindle.  The Kindle is convenient in certain situations like if you are trying to read while on an exercise machine or if you are traveling.  However, it doesn't quite give me the same satisfaction as a book.  I love to collect books as much as I like to read them which is why my husband gifted me with the Kindle.   I just recently read Nefertiti by Michelle Moran.   If you like historical fiction, you will love Nefertiti.  There are very few books that I've had a hard time putting down and Nefertiti was one of the them.  It is the fascinating story of Nefertiti's rise to the Egyptian throne.  The author has pieced together her story based on hundreds of images excavated  at archaeological sites. Many of the main historical events are accurate, but it's impossible to know every little detail of Nefertiti's life.  I felt the author did a great job of  imagining what life was like for one of the most powerful Egyptian Pharaoh-Queens.

Some of my other favorite page turners are:
  • The Glass Castle
  • The Red Tent
  • The Other Boleyn Girl
  • Pillars of the Earth
  • The Kite Runner
  • The Hunger Games (books 1 and 2 in the series)
What have been some of your favorite books that you couldn't put down?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment