"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Simple Gifts

Routines can be great, but sometimes I feel like they stifle my creativity and ability to think outside the box.    I had planned on going to the gym this morning which I try to do at least four times a week.  However  I decided to take a walk outside on this 66 degree day in February which is almost unheard of for Kansas.  Our mild temperatures have been a gift and I need to use it.  I have so many gifts I don't use, and it becomes more and more evident to me as I declutter my home.  I find when it comes to kitchen items the old 80/20 rule applies.  I use 20% of what I own.

Instead of beating myself up about not going to the gym, I looked at it as an unexpected gift.  A gift of more time to accomplish some things I've been wanting to get done and enjoy the outdoors.  Sometimes changes in plans can be a good thing if I choose to see them that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment