"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Friday, February 24, 2012

Ryan

 


Today is my sons 16th birthday.  He has been driving with a restricted license for seven months now, but today marks the beginning of more driving freedom.  More driving freedom = more worry for mother  Actually he is a pretty good driver and although I hate to admit it, he is probably a better driver than me. What he lacks in years as an experienced driver, he makes up for in attentiveness and fresh knowledge of the rules of the road.   As a mother though I still can't help telling him to be careful as he walks out the door.  I recently read an article on worry in O magazine by Life Coach and Columnist Martha Beck.  I love her column and always come away with a few tidbits of wisdom.  Martha says, "People blossom when we love them, not when we worry about them.  Worry just teaches worry."  My son is already a pretty cautious person.  I don't want to teach him to worry.  I want him to know I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment