"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Descendants

Hawaii


The movie The Descendants takes place in Hawaii, otherwise known as paradise.  In the beginning of the movie George Clooney goes through a monologue about how people think life is perfect in Hawaii as if cancer, disappointment, pain and tragedies don't exist in Hawaii.  It struck me how true that statement is.  I sometimes think if I were overlooking an ocean how much better life would be.  The ocean makes me feel peaceful and calm.  There is something sacred about the ocean to me.  However, the ocean can't cure cancer, take away pain or disappointment and sometimes even causes destruction.  I still dream about having a beach house one day, but blessed is the man who can find beauty living in a cardboard box.  Beauty comes from a sacred place within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment