"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Red Beet Eggs


Posted by Picasa


When I was a kid, my Mom used to make red beet eggs.  I particularly remember her making them for camping trips in our pop-up camper.  Most kids probably associate foods like smores or hot dogs with camping, but I remember red beet eggs.  My family thinks I'm weird and no one else seems to like them, but me.  If you are feeling a little adventurous and you like the flavor of beets I suggest you try them.  Here is the recipe:

Adobe Eggs or Red Beet Eggs

6 hard cooked eggs, shelled
1 can beets
1 cup cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 bay leaf
1/4 tsp ground all spice
1 tsp salt

Put eggs in a quart jar.  Combine remaining ingredients pour over eggs.  Cover, cool and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment