"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, July 23, 2012

Gratitude Monday



My husband and I saw the new Batman movie Dark Knight over the weekend.  At one point during the movie I became a little anxious when several gunmen opened fire in the stock exchange building.  I thought of the gunman in Colorado who randomly shot over 70 people at a midnight showing of the movie just two days before. I choose not to watch the news much anymore.  They can be masters at repeating the same story 50 different ways.  The nail place I go to has a television and normally Ellen or some game show is being televised.  This time it was a news stations and for the entire hour I was there all they talked about was the Colorado shooting.  Unless there is new information to report I don't see the point in endlessly rehashing this tragic story. What is normally a pleasurable experience,  left me feeling sick and stressed out. I can't imagine how those who were present must be feeling.

Gratitude Mondays are about making a conscious effort to focus on the positive things in life.  It's something I try to do every day, but can easily forget.  I have a natural inclination to gravitate to the negative. I'm thankful for the flowers, plants and trees that are still thriving despite the heat wave we're experiencing.  I'm grateful there are more sane people than insane people in this world.  I'm grateful for the many people who choose to do good in this world and help instead of harming others.  I'm grateful for people who use their extraordinary God given talents to make this world a better place.  Batman would be one of those people if he were real.    

No comments:

Post a Comment