"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, July 16, 2012

Gratitude Monday


Hubby with Baby Charlie

I'm grateful for visits from friends who have moved away.  I've had several good friends move out of state over the years.  This past weekend my friend was in town with her six week old baby boy, and I got to hold him for the first time.  I'm also thankful we made it safely home in time to see them from our 12 hour road trip to South Dakota.  We had a great time on our trip, but I am even more grateful for my morning cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee.  We had a hard time getting a good cup of coffee in South Dakota.  I love traveling, but I enjoy my little comforts of home.

I'm also glad the ten loads of laundry we had are washed and put away.  I've even printed my pictures from the trip which is record time for me.  It's usually a good six months by the time I get around to printing pictures.  Last but not least, I'm grateful I had the opportunity to meet a woman who is an inspiration to me.  It was totally by chance while browsing in the gift shop at the Crazy Horse Memorial.  For those of you that know me well, it wasn't Oprah.  I'll post more on our serendipitous meeting later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment