"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, July 2, 2012

Gratitude Monday


Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
I'm extremely grateful for air conditioning on these 100 degree hot summer days and when my husband grills dinner and I don't have to prepare a main dish.  Meat just tastes so much better when it's grilled.  Last week was my birthday week and I'm grateful my friends could help me celebrate. If they weren't able to help me celebrate they still remembered me.  Having a summer birthday can be a catch 22.  You can have fun pool parties, but alot of times your friends are on vacation.  As a kid it was also sometimes hard to get in touch with friends.  There was no such thing as facebook, cell phones or twitter back in the 70's.  The mailman, telephone or physically going to someone's house were how you communicated.  As much as I sometimes get annoyed with new technology, I'm grateful there are easier ways to reach people.

I discovered an ecourse on blogging through the website www.abeautifulmess.typepad.com.  I am so grateful I came across this class because it has had some great blogging tips.  I'm excited to implement some of the ideas Elsie has shared.  I'm also grateful for lists because they help keep me on task, and I honestly just love making them for the heck of it.

As the Fourth of July approaches and the fireworks begin to scare my dog, I'm grateful for the freedoms I enjoy living in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment