"All of us are watchers of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway, but few are observers.
Everyone is looking not many are seeing." Peter Leschak

Monday, October 1, 2012

Lori Mitchell

Lori Mitchell Trick or Treaters

Witchy Hazel's Big Sister,
Esperilla & Fraidy Cat

Sebastian the Bat & Captain Kid

Robby Robot
October is one of my favorite months.  I love the Fall weather, the colors of Autumn and Halloween. I came across the above Halloween figurines at a Junior League shopping event called Holiday Mart years ago.  I fell in love with their quirky looks and adorable costumes.  They all have skinny little legs which is something I've yearned for most of my life.  They make me smile when I look at them.  It has been hard to decide which ones to add to my collection over the years.  I am running out of room on my sofa table to display them.

The creator of these trick or treaters is folk artist, Lori Mitchell.  Her figurines are whimsical and she is known for exaggerating their proportions and expressions.  Each year she adds new characters to her collection.  She also makes figures for other holidays.  I have a few of her Christmas ones, but I've tried to limit myself to Halloween since they are my favorites.  There are so many to choose from it makes it hard for a girl to decide.  You can purchase her collections at various places on line.  I have also found them in a few specialty boutiques around town.  I hope a few trick or treaters bring a smile to your face this month.



No comments:

Post a Comment